A Woman's March in April

Dark space,
Bend, contort,
The 30 plus joke,
The fawning, the fearing,
The faking of confidence,
Then, I am waiting,
Waiting to petted
Waiting to be cooed
Waiting to be cuddled
Waiting to hear...
to feel.
I think I know what it's like...
To be the others,
They are all you.

and me?
I fight the war,
I fight the selfish war,
The 'i am here' war,
The  'don't you see' me war,
I dance that fawning dance,
I dance that acceptance dance.

I hurt, I bend, I contort,
I fake the confidence.

You can keep the faces though!
Keep the blood that runs thick,
Keep that name!
It's hard to wear,
I am too round,
... it's hard to keep on
Too bold.
My eyes have seen things,
...stretched out my mind but I am just!
Too wide!
I can't fit!
You can keep the face,
I don't need it.

We are all planted in the womb,
We have no choice,
Sprouting from matter so dark,
Spiralling, loose, and out!
Most covered in holy glitter,
Some, gutter proof,
and a few mistakes,
So they say...


Thank god!
We have no choice.
But
I,
I am,
I,
I?  I choose me,
Me with the lacking,
Me the unwanted,
Me the loner,
Me with an associated face,
Name...
Blood coursing,
The beating I take,
Your glares, scowls, and howls
Picking and choosing,

No, I don't fit!
I spit,
I spit!
I spit again,
...... wipe it off
cover it up with words
..... It feels like peace







13th April 2018





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinocchio

As a Cannibal should

Reading Flyers