Meiman Rd.

I saw walls growing like vines in a swamp,
walls of iron sheets, walls of bricks, walls of bicycles to keep you out!

I saw masks like shrouds, cover faces,
then all bodies,
mummies roaming the city hunting for food, medicine, relief.

I saw despair, or was it humor?
a booming online tirade of laughter,
everyone in their own bubble,
trying not to go outside
trying to cope
trying to laugh, tik, tok, tik, tok
trying for 65 plus days,
trying to keep laughing

I saw kindness
of the humankind
and vileness of the wild
the free at spirit, rebel
fighting for the cause to spread the illness that had built the walls
I saw them, on time out!
Then they built bigger walls,
they said we are safe now
but stay inside
I see hope, as soon as my fear subsides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Flyers

As a Cannibal should

The old man and I