Pane thoughts on a daily...

The elderly lady in red suede pajamas,
battles the rungs to the roof,
she hangs,
blankets on the railing,
she hangs
the old shoes by their laces,
my lady takes care of all
there she goes, on the roof,
dry the sausages, dry the meats and the duck,
She must have heard the news
Day 2
The lockdown is here.

Ah, here he comes,
the honorable street cleaner,
he is such a charm,
It's been a few weeks,
no cars, no taxis, no visitors,
but I see him.
Day 14, 28, 40
from my balcony I watch,
he visits the clean street,
no one goes out on walks, not even the dogs,
What a blessed time!
no plastics to put away,
no garbage to sweep,
no haze to breath,
parks his motor by the pavement,
leans on his stead and watches his phone
he dares not stir, 15 minutes or 20,
It's time for a squat,
next to the motor, he is small,
smaller than I imagine.
yellow vest, broom, mask, phone,
see you next time.
All this peering,
oh look, there she is, its been a month!
round face, sad smile, no mask?
she is a rebel,
she smacks my hand as I reach for the elevator button,
good old Aiyiii!
here comes the questions:
you can’t go home?
how about food?
how about water?
have you gone outside?
It's day 55, does she care if I answer?
she sprays down the elevator,
jiayou she says.
dear old Aiyiiii!
It's 6pm, ordinary COVID-19 times!
there he goes, the foreigner
the usual guy,
he is high on self-preservation,
tall, lanky, in glasses
a wife, a kid on the way,
he has to go,
climb that fence, my friend,
clamber about my guy,
the post guards are gone,
it should be day ………….?
keep trying,
don’t drop my friend,
the street police are gone,
no need to register now,
the shops are “open,”
no, they can’t take your food away,
no, they won’t lock you up,
yes, they are all inside,
no one can see you,
no one but me,
go on my friend.
The old man in white at the window,
he has see-through lace,
must be a romantic, alone,
reaches through his window,
waters the dry plants,
morning and night,
looks across, I wash my dishes,
returns with a cup, tea, could be,
silver-haired, hands sharp, eyes squinting,
Day 74
just got rid of the plants
it's still a view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Flyers

As a Cannibal should

The old man and I